Business entities need the attestation report by an auditor on data or information related to specific matter in order to comply with the requirements of regulatory or organizational authorities, carry on certain business activity, or obtain a license, and meet other business requirements.
What is the definition of attestation engagements?
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants defines the attestation engagements – according to the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 18 (SSAE 18) – as an examination, review, or agreed-upon procedures engagement performed under the attestation standards related to subject matter or an assertion that is the responsibility of another party. Examples of subject matters covered under the attestation engagements include:
- Reports on historical statements of loans extended to customers, which are submitted to Central Bank of Kuwait.
- Reports on historical statements of loans extended to employees, which are submitted to Central Bank of Kuwait.
- Reports on historical statements of insurance policies issued by insurers operating in the State of Kuwait, which are submitted to Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
Which bodies that require business entities to provide attestation reports?
All ministries and other governmental entities require business entities to provide such reports in order to grant them approvals of special purpose transactions where financial information should be attested by an auditor to assure the integrity of such information.
What is the added value to business entities from attestation services?
- Exercise all rights granted to business entities under legislation and laws governing business licenses; and
- Enhance the stakeholders’ confidence in integrity of reports provided by business entities.
What are the services offered by Baker Tilly?
Independent auditor’s attestation report
Prepare attestation report on the subject matter of information or statements under attestation
Other related services
- Financial Statements Audit & Review
- Internal Control Review Report
- Loans & Financing Portfolios Review
- Custodian’s IT Systems Review Report
- AML-CFT Compliance Report
- Capital Adequacy Reports
- Sport Entities Investment Controls Review
- Client’s Funds and Assets Review Report
- Capital Amendment Reports
- Internal Audit Unit Assessment Report
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Actuarial Report
- Preferred Shares Classification Support Report
- Assets Valuation For Bonds and SUKUK Issuance