Bonds and sukuk are a type of debt instruments accepted by the Capital Markets Authority “CMA” in the State of Kuwait being the supervisory authority responsible for enhancing the financial market. Therefore, CMA has developed some conditions for listing debt instruments on Kuwait Stock Exchange/ Boursa Kuwait. These conditions mandate having fair value assessment of the assets associated with sukuk and bonds to ensure transparency and fairness of the financial statements to support the process of sound decision-making by stakeholders.
What are the governing references requiring companies to submit Assets Valuation Report regarding Sukuk and Bonds?
According to the Executive Regulations of Rule Book No. Twelve (Listing Rules) – Article 4-5, It is stipulated that Listing Application shall be signed by the Issuer or Obligor and submitted to the Authority, accompanied by 13 types of documents, including point No. 11 which states as the follows:
A detailed report on the assets of the Issuer or the Bond Assets or Sukuk Assets related to the indirect issuances, issued by its Auditor stating that these Assets have been valued in accordance with the generally accepted rules and standards. The Authority may request a copy of these valuations.
What is the added value to business entities from preparing Assets Valuation Report regarding Sukuk and Bonds?
- Compliance with regulatory requirements of the Capital markets Authority.
- Identifying the fair value of Sukuk and bonds assets.
Why Baker Tilly to provide this service?
Baker Tilly is distinguished by specialist professional experience and offers the following characteristics carrying added values to our clients as follows:
- A global consulting firm operating in the State of Kuwait;
- Certified auditors in the Auditors Register at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry;
- Certified auditors at the Capital Markets Authority;
- Local experience under an umbrella of a global network;
- Professional team with in- depth experience in providing assurance services in Kuwait;
- Bilingual team.
Other related services
- Financial Statements Audit & Review
- Internal Control Review Report
- Loans & Financing Portfolios Review
- Custodian’s IT Systems Review Report
- AML-CFT Compliance Report
- Capital Adequacy Reports
- Attestation of Financial Information
- Sport Entities Investment Controls Review
- Client’s Funds and Assets Review Report
- Capital Amendment Reports
- Internal Audit Unit Assessment Report
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Actuarial Report
- Preferred Shares Classification Support Report