The developing of ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures is one of the vital elements and core initiatives for any ICT operations to provide sufficient flexibility enabling ICT function staff to respond to business requirements.
ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures are defined as the mechanisms and/or methods that could be utilized in any business entity to efficiently manage and monitor its information technology practice for the purpose of satisfying the management needs as well as achieving a high degree of control over the operations.
Why should Organizations develop and implement their ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures?
Implementing ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures assists business entities to manage and monitor the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the current ICT controls in compliance with ICT international standards and ensure the business entity’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Are there any international standards for ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures?
There are many references, models, standards and guidance for ICT Processes, Policies, and procedures where all of them are conducive to the ultimate objectives. The following are the most relevant standards applicable to Information Technology domain:
- COBIT2019 ®, Control Objectives for Information and related Technologies.
- ITIL4 ®, Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
Who is best positioned to develop the ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures?
The specialized professional consulting firms are best positioned to develop well-structured and composed ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures in alignment with international standards and the entity’s business objectives.
What is the scope of developing ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures?
During the development of the ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures, business entities should consider the following scope of work:
- Obtain high level understanding of the current business entity’s ICT environment
- Understand and analyze the current ICT implemented Processes, Policies and Procedures
- Identify and develop gap analysis against the international standards and leading practices
- Develop To-Be ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures based on identified gaps.
How do business entities monitor and ensure the compliance of ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures?
Business entities should continually monitor the implementation and compliance of the ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures considering the following:
- Alignment with relevant international standards and organizational goals/objectives
- Alignment with the current deployed technology environment
- Mandate compliance with applicable regulatory, legal, and business requirements
Added value to business entities from developing ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures
- Streamline ICT processes and ensure continuity of ICT operations.
- Establish enterprise-wide ICT Processes, Policies, Procedures, and related standards.
- Integrate all ICT Processes, Policies, Procedures, and standards with all aspects of ICT management, systems, and business processes.
- Assist business users in maximizing the benefits of information systems while minimizing risks resulting from potential information risk areas; and
- Ensure the continuity of operations with minimum interruption to the critical business processes.
Why Baker Tilly provide this service?
Baker Tilly is distinguished by specialist professional experience and offers the following characteristics carrying added value to our clients as follows:
- A global consulting firm operating in the State of Kuwait.
- Deep understanding of Kuwait’s marketplace and type of business
- Strong experience in providing ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures service to all sectors in Kuwait
- Previous credentials in similar service and long track record in similar engagements
- World-class laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art tools and references used for developing ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Developing an ICT Processes Landscape Methodology that defines typically what an ICT function should perform in relation to its ICT Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Local experience under an umbrella of a global network.
- Dedicated bilingual and qualified resources working closely with clients throughout the project lifecycle.
- Cybersecurity Audit
- Cybersecurity Consulting
- IT Internal Audit Service
- SWIFT CSCF Assessment
- Information Technology Strategy
- Information Technology Governance
- Digital Transformation
- Big Data Management
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System
- ISO 22301:2012 Business Continuity Management System
- Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Technology Project Management
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Consulting