Technology Project Management is a service provided by consulting companies and the focal point that ensures the entity’s success in dealing with vendors of technology solutions. Recent reports reveal that technology solution applications face failures due to several causes, including mainly not engaging an independent consulting firm specializing in technology project management.
Why do businesses need Technology Project Management?
Project management is important because it ensures that the project outputs are right, and will deliver real value against the strategic goals. In addition, the project manager will negotiate and agree on realistic deadlines and reliable outcomes with vendors and supplies. Furthermore, the technology project management will ensure implementing well-defined processes of quality control and risk management.
What are the most common methodologies used for Technology Project Management?
There are several methodologies adopted when performing technology project management including but not limited to Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and PRINCE2. The methodology selected will depend on the project size, timeframe, complexity, industry and stakeholders’ expectations.
What is the added value to business entities from services of Technology Project Management?
- Ensure accurate identification of technology needs on cost benefit basis.
- Define accurate scope, specifications, timeframes starting from the proposal phase.
- Efficiently coordinate the project processes among all stakeholders.
- Ensure properly handling quality control and risk management.
- Realize the desired outcomes and attain competitive advantages.
- Ensure successful completion and delivery of technology projects.
What are the services offered by Baker Tilly?
Technology Project Management