The employee performance appraisal system, which is based on a set of appropriate performance measurement indicators, will help the entity’s heads of organizational units and the executive management measure individual employees’ performance and how successful they are in achieving the objectives. It will also help identify strengths and weaknesses and how to enhance or improve the same accordingly, as well as developing appropriate plans to develop other staff performance.
During employment in business entities, employees perform the tasks assigned to them, on which basis the employee’s performance is evaluated against job duties and responsibilities. Employees performance appraisal is a tool used to measure the employee’s ability to add value to the company and its clients. The performance appraisal can be an input to career development systems or restructuring of an organizational unit within the system.
What is the employee performance appraisal?
It is a systematic periodical process to measure employee’s job performance and productivity against preset criteria approved by the company’s management. Such criteria should be specific and communicated to staff in advance.
What is the employee performance appraisal system?
It is the creation of a set of process flowcharts, policies, procedures, and forms used by the company’s management to provide a judgment about the employee’s skills and capabilities to perform job duties, and verify the nature of their attitude and conduct at the workplace, their willingness for development and the extent of performance improvement throughout the employee’s tenure at the company.
How important is the employee performance appraisal?
- Improving the overall performance of the company by maximizing efficiency and effectiveness of the human resources to achieve the company’s strategy;
- Using the outputs to create a stimulating work environment for employees by rewarding distinguished staff;
- Stimulating competition amongst employees;
- Identifying staff training needs in order to develop and improve their performance;
- Avoiding losses that may be incurred as a result of having incompetent employees in the company; and
- Creating a fair system that avoids personal opinions in the employee appraisal process.
What is the added value to business entities from engaging an independent consulting firm to develop employee performance appraisal system?
- Having wide expertise covering all technical, operational and management aspects of the entity;
- Having in place cutting-edge applications in the field of designing employee performance appraisal systems that are appropriate for the nature of the business activity and the technology infrastructure of the entity; and
- Assistance in enhancing and improving performance.
Why Baker Tilly to provide this service?
Baker Tilly is distinguished by specialist professional experience and offers the following characteristics carrying added values to our clients as follows:
- A global consulting firm operating in the State of Kuwait;
- Local experience under international umbrella;
- Professional team with in- depth experience in designing employee performance appraisal systems;
- Bilingual team; and
- Extended experience in providing Management and Human Resources Consulting Services.