An Initial Public Offering (IPO) is the first sale of stock by a company to the public. In IPOs, Baker Tilly helps issuers of the offering to structure the business model, financial model, and business plan for the shares to be offered. Therefore, an initial public offering document is an important tool to attract shareholders to buy. This concept is applied to business entities on an optional basis.
However, companies under the supervision of the Capital Markets Authority in Kuwait should comply with the Executive Bylaws of Law No. (7) of 2010 where Module Eleven – Dealing in Securities – in article 5-6 highlights the detailed content of a Public Offering Prospectus.
Added value to business entities from Public Offering Prospectus service
- Assist business entities with raising capital and growing their operations.
- Enhance awareness of the business entity and its trademark.
- Increase the business entity’s market share and competitive potential.
Services provided by Baker Tilly Kuwait
Baker Tilly Kuwait assists business entities in developing and reviewing the Public Offering Prospectus. Moreover, Baker Tilly in Kuwait offers its services in accordance with the Capital Markets Authority requirements. The Public Offering Prospectus contains different components including, but not limited to the following:
- All information that may enable investors to evaluate the Issuer’s financial status, future prospects, and rights arising from the securities offered in accordance with the nature of the issue or offering and the nature of the securities.
- A detailed description of the risks related to subscribing to the securities.
- Procedures for returning money to subscribers if their applications are not approved either wholly or partially and a statement of the repayment schedule and indemnifications resulting from any delay in repayment of the subscription money in the event that the issue is canceled.
Baker Tilly Kuwait has international experience in IPOs covering all sectors including, but not limited to Energy, Banking, and Services.
In addition, Baker Tilly is a listed “Investment Advisor” at the Capital Markets Authority.