The new leases standard IFRS 16 has come into effect on 1 January 2019.
The new leases standard IFRS 16 has come into effect on 1 January 2019. The new requirements redefine many commonly used financial metrics such as the gearing ratio and EBITDA. This will affect covenants, credit ratings, and borrowing costs.
The new standard may affect lessor’s business models, as lease needs and lessees’ behaviours may change.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key requirements of IFRS 16;
- Understand the issues associated with implementing IFRS 16;
- Have an overview of the new framework for leases;
- Grasp the concept and risks of embedded leases;
- Understand the commercial impact of the changes and how these need to be managed.
Who Should Attend this Workshop?
This workshop is ideal for:
Treasury and finance professionals,
Lessors and lessees
And those who need to prepare their teams for the implementation of IFRS 16.
The course will run on a workshop basis, including:
- Instructor-led sessions.
- Slide presentations
- Case studies.
No. of Days : 1 day
Course Dates : 24th November 2019
Course Timing : 05:00 PM – 09:00 PM
Course Language : English
Course Venue : Fully Equipped Training Facility at 5 stars hotel