IT governance is a framework that enables a business entity to assess, select and secure financing of IT initiatives and projects, and ensure effective implementation thereof. The business entity’s management is responsible for having sound IT Governance framework in place to ensure that IT function efficiently contributes to achieving the overall goals of the business, and IT risks are properly managed.
Are there any standards for IT Governance?
There are many references, models and standards for IT Governance where all of them are conducive to the ultimate objectives. However, ITIL, COBIT, and ISO/IEC/TS 38501 represent the core basis for IT Governance framework.
What are the components of IT Governance framework?
The basic components of IT Governance framework include the structure, processes, communications and reporting.
What is the added value of IT Governance for business entities?
- Protect against IT risks.
- Attain competitive advantages.
- Promote stakeholders’ confidence.
What are the services offered by Baker Tilly?
- Developing organizational chart and job structure for IT functions.
- Developing policies and procedures manuals for IT functions.
- Data center performance monitoring systems (data centers/ servers/ KPIs).