IT governance is a framework that enables a business entity to assess, select and secure financing of IT initiatives and projects, and ensure effective implementation thereof. The business entity’s management is responsible for having a sound IT Governance framework in place to ensure that IT function efficiently contributes to achieving the overall goals of the business and that IT risks are properly managed.
Are there any standards for IT Governance?
There are many references, models, and standards for IT Governance and all of them are conducive to the ultimate objectives. However, ITIL, COBIT, and ISO/IEC/TS 38501 represent the core basis for the IT Governance framework.
What are the components of the IT Governance framework?
The basic components of the IT Governance framework include the structure, processes, communications, and reporting.
What is the added value of IT Governance for business entities?
- Protect against IT risks.
- Attain competitive advantages.
- Promote stakeholders’ confidence.
What are the services offered by Baker Tilly Kuwait?
- Developing organizational chart and job structure for IT functions.
- Developing policies and procedures manuals for IT functions.
- Data center performance monitoring systems (data centers/ servers/ KPIs).
- Cybersecurity Audit as per CBK Framework
- Cybersecurity Consulting
- IT Internal Audit Service
- SWIFT CSCF Assessment
- Information Technology Processes, Policies and Procedures
- Information Technology Strategy
- Digital Transformation
- Big Data Management
- Qualifying Business for ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Certification
- Qualifying Business for ISO 22301:2019 Certification
- Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Technology Project Management
- Financial Technology (FinTech) Consulting